Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm Back

So we have been having some computer issues lately - and by computer issues I mean lack of a functioning computer. Thanks to the generosity of my mom and an early Christmas gift, I am typing this post on my brand new green dell mini computer. Basically this is just a random blog post to get me back on the blogging bandwagon. Maybe no one missed reading, but I did miss blogging during that few weeks in technology limbo. It makes me wonder what we did before technology. Our grandparents grew up playing with sticks and pieces of yarn, and our children cannot entertain themselves for five minutes without playing Nintendo WI while training virtual Nintendo DS dogs and pausing only long enough to update their facebook status to read, "Jeremy is sooooooo booooored!!!!". Not that I am blaming the kids. Where did they learn it from? Once our laptop sputtered out its last heroic breath, I literally did not know what to do with myself during Aiden's naptime. Twenty minutes of freetime and no computer to kill it with? The injustice. I even resorted to cleaning the bathrooms - while listening to the TV and texting my friend, of course. Speking of phones, my own mother recently told me how nervous she was when she got halfway to an appointment and realized that she had forgotten her cell phpone at home. I would have told her to calm down if not for the fact that I had left her three messages, worried that I could not get ahold of her for a full hour. A lesser woman might have asked, "Are you my daughter or my parole officer?", but my mom simply said that she generally NEVER goes anywhere without her cell phone. Did she stay sequestered in her house for the better portion of her life waiting for this freeing technology? How did we survive? I guess it just goes to show that you cannot miss what you never had. It sounds like my time is up. Now I will be the entertainer for the next ten hours. Well, me and my assistants, ball that lights up and rolls and bear that sings and talks. Hey, if those things fail I could always get Aiden his very own laptop. Maybe he will start his own blog. After all, he is going on seven months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment