Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sweet Potatoes and... Just Kidding!

Sorry to disappoint, but this blog post is not about sweet potatoes. In fact, it is not even about my baby, or anybody's baby, except maybe for the one in Dr. Phil's son's wife's uterus. As far as I can see, other than being the daughter-in law of the great Dr. Phil, the only thing she has done to get famous is get pregnant. Oh, and she is a triplet. Kudos to her. Would someone please tell her that she is not the first woman to have ever gotten pregnant? She has already been on three different day time talk shows - not that I watch a lot of TV. Which brings me to my point: why is Dr. (expletive) Phil (insert obscenity here) everywhere? I cannot turn on the TV without seeing his big bald head. He has most recently been featured on Rachel Ray, The Doctors, and The View, to name a few. Where did he get his Psych degree and who in their right mind gave him a TV career? Oprah is another one. Try to innocently watch a Lifetime movie without reading the words "this movie is endorsed by Oprah". The woman even has her own book club and magazine. She does not even need a last name, she is just that important. Oprah has long sense joined the ranks of Hollywood's one-name wonders like Madonna, for example. Don't even get me started on Madonna. Here is my solution: Dr. Phil and Oprah should be transported to a desert island. Could the human race survive? How could we go on? How would we make day by day decisions without Dr. Phil's infinite wisdom?Let me tell ya, it would be a changing day in our lives. Of course, I am sure we would not be lost for long. Oprah would most likely buy herself, Dr Phil, and all the islanders a brand new yacht. She is just that charitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment